March 11, 2016

About the Unexpected

In the course of three months for not writing here, a lot of things have happened, and in every way possible, added another plot story to my college years.

I have become a part of something I can hardly imagine. I used to dream a lot of wishful goals but not this. I used to be the one who doubts the existence of this very entity. I used to be the ignorant student who cannot even care any less to what happened to her university.

And today, so many things have changed.

Profesionally, I hold accountable for several annual events and in spreading a credible informations to the students in my uni.

Physically, I am terribly exhausted and drained and in constant need for a good long sleep.

Mentally, I am content for having a new surrounding I could always love to spend hours with.

-
I guess we just can never know what exactly will happen within the next minute of our life. The plans we have designed, the goals we have set, and just how we'd like to see ourselves during a year, can never be guaranteed.  It was all peculiar and unexpected, and all of the things that just happened to me were out of my calculation. But what is more peculiar is the fact that I find myself in joy.

I think it's too early to conclude that there are just too much goodness in this new surrounding, but I just cannot refrain myself from saying so. Several things have tickled my principle and the way I perceive things and I just cannot believe that I am just too grateful to be here. Is it tiring? Yes. Is it stressing me out? Liar if I did not say yes, but that's a yes with rights. I've got some certainty that no matter how hard it is, at least I've got shoulders to lean on. People I can rely on. And friends I can count on.

I no longer find myself in suffer for not applying to any opportunities abroad. I no longer feel jealous of some body else's endless achievements.  I realized that I was too focus on myself, that I have spent too much time on trying to achieve anything I believe would enhance my individual values. It is only when I widen my gaze to the things I used fo ignore did I realize that I missed so many things. I realized that the room for me to grow was too narrow, the insights I received was too much of a kind, and the facts that I used to be surrounded with people who have a likeminded with me. Albeit it barely happens for a few months, I find it challenging and fun to have an acquintance from various kind of people, coming from various background, and possess various way of thinking.

To lower our ego. To be perceiving, instead of judging. To be more tolerant. To comprehend, that the onlt time we are alone is the time we find loneliness is no longer an option. So let's live, beneficially and sincerely.

No comments: