October 14, 2013

A Book Review: Kafka On The Shore

Sorry for flooding the dashboards with insignificant posts which mostly related to my personal life. i know that I should've written regarding recent issues happening either in this country or global but t.ruth to be told I hardly read news so yeah. FYI I just read Econ Debates' post about allowing cannabis. Uhh who got brainfeeding here hahah. I also have installed some apps like Al-Jazeera and CFR (Council on Foreign Relations) but again, I hardly read it. Actually I'm not as empty as the very first time I started my cper ollege life, got much infos about the happening's issues, and try my best to fathom them, so wish me luck!

Well actually I'm going to write a review about Haruka Murakami's novel; Kafka On The Shore. Funny though, because the the first Murakami's novel I bought was 1Q84 but I haven't finished it until now. And a week later I bought Kafka On The Shore and After Dark. So I happen to start reading After Dark first, and finished it in about 2 days. That book left a great impression on me. A simple story about a girl who wanders overnight while her sister has been sleeping for months. The thing I'm aware about Murakami's writing is that he always sneaks a philosophical meaning in every storyline. And it took me ages to finally grasp what he meant :)) Idk why but I just love After Dark. That was another book which could make me sigh a couple times and refused to get back to the real life and at the same time demanded for another sequel of it to be written. Gosh now that I retain After Dark I really am dying to know what is going to happen to the character. 

Let's talk about Kafka On The Shore! I don't really suggest you guys to read this book if:
  1. You haven't reached the age of consent.
  2. You dislike or are not ready yet to read any kind of sex practice. 
  3. You prefer read a light boot which doesn't require a deeper analysis at a time-being.
Or else you'd end up like how I was 2 weeks ago. So I kept on bringing this book to class and read it during my spare time but it's as if I read nothing but pages with meaningless words. I happened to reread it when I reached kostan and there it went. Wohhh so this is what he meant I said to myself as I turned one page to another. Kafka is a fifteen year old boy who avoids a curse his father condemned on him by doing a perpetual journey on his own. And there is also this old guy named Nakata who could talk with cats and made leeches, fishes, fell from sky. What I could sum up from this novel is that Kafka is looking for what does it mean to live, when he's got no one who loves him. when he has been abandoned by his own mother and sister and father. But then he's trapped in the complicated fate which later lead him to an answer for all the questions which has been haunting him for years.

This is the first time I read such surreal writings, where a goosebump and bewildering feeling takes its turn. How should I describe this, eventhough I am a kind of person who detest mystery or any scary things so much, but Haruka Murakami's writing is an exception. He just added more and more reasons about why I have to visit Japan in a real soon.

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim, Jepang aku datang!!

No comments: